Porcelain Teeth Veneers Natural Tooth Appearance Exalted
Porcelain veneers provide a very natural tooth appearance. They
mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth and
characteristics of tooth enamel incredibly well. They can be made
very thin and translucent.
- Very durable material Long lasting solution
In suitable cases that are executed well by the dentist and well
looked after by you, porcelain veneers can be expected to give 10
-15 years service. There is of course risks and complications to
veneers -they could chip, come off or be damaged and need to be
repaired or replaced.
The colour of the porcelain veneer can be made to match your
natural teeth very closely. In most cases it is not necessary to
veneer all your teeth as part of a Hollywood style makeover, unless
that is what you want.
- Dramatic and quick results
That said, multiple veneers can produce very dramatic and almost
instant improvements in your smile- as 'before and after' photos
clearly demonstrate. Just be fully aware of the process and what
you are actually having done.
Porcelain veneers can improve shape, colour and position (if minor)
all at once. Therefore if you have a range of cosmetic flaws such
as spaces, discolouration, staining, chipped or fractured teeth,
these can all be dealt with at the same time. A combined approach
using other treatments may be needed depending on the situation
- If the preparation for the veneer goes into the dentine layer of
the tooth, the bond is weakened considerably and you are more
likely to have problems.
- They are best on relatively healthy teeth and not a good choice for
teeth with a lot of decay, multiple fillings, very large fractures
or any situation where there is not a good amount of enamel for
- They are not the best treatment option for very crooked or
- They will probably need replacing in 10-20 years either due to
failure, or maybe due to compromised aesthetics if your gums have
- Sensitivity to hot and cold may be a side effect because enamel has
been removed, however this is normally only temporary.
- Veneers are not as strong as crowns.